From the Interview with Huffington Post in 2015, we can confirm that Meghan Markle, a passionate young woman has a lot to say. This are the six facts that she wants you to know:
- Meghan’s mother is African American and her father is of English and Dutch descent.
- In addition to being a proud woman, she constantly fights for equal opportunities for women.
- Markle first joined a women’s support organization when she was 11 years old.
- When talking about her series Suits (The key to success), she is more interested in the main character played by Cuban-American actress Gina Torres than her own. “Ten years ago, Gina’s character, Jessica Pearson, would have been given to a white woman,” says Meghan. “It would also happen in other series, like The Good Wife , where women are very important in the plot. They are real women with imperfections and not unreal prototypes made of plastic,” she says.
- When she is not shooting, Meghan is deeply committed to her role as a women’s UN advocate.
“If women are part of the dialogue, then we will talk about all the problems and these will be addressed,” she says.
- She is very much fan of Emma Watson, with whom she shares profession and work in the UN. This is what the British actress thinks: “A girl of her age and with her opportunities could have a bad attitude or be sarcastic, but she instead uses her means to say something of value and to create an alternative Feminine model to follow. It is helping us to perceive feminism in a completely different way and to eliminate stigmatization. “