Quick Info about Deborah Birx
- Full NameDeborah Birx
- First NameDeborah
- Last NameBirx
- Born NameDeborah Leah Birx
- Birth date04/04/1956
- Birth PlacePennsylvania, USA
- Zodiac SignAries
- ProfessionPhysician, Diplomat
- WifePaige Reffe
- Net WorthUnder review
- SiblingDon Birx
- ParentsDonald Birx and Adele Sparks Birx
Deborah Birx is a popular American professional physician as well as a diplomat. Currently, she has been serving as the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator. She is the United States Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy. Also, Birx has been serving as the United States Global AIDS Coordinator.
Deborah Birx is born as Deborah Leah Birx on April 4, 1956, in Pennsylvania, USA. She is the daughter of Donald Birx and Adele Sparks Birx. Though, she is not the only child of her parents. But had a brother named Danny who is no more now in this world and has another brother named Don Birx. She attended Lampeter-Strasburg High School but completed her last year from Carlisle High. In 1976, Birx completed her BS degree in Chemistry from Houghton College. Later, in 1980, she completed her MD degree from Hershey Medical Center- affiliated to Pennsylvania State University.
Birx kicked off her professional career back in 1980 as a duty reserve officer in the United States Army. She served there until 1994. And then she serviced as a regular Army and also received her rank of Colonel until 2008. In 1980, she has also joined Walter Reed Army Medical Center as their physician. She worked her for nearly 9 years, until 1989. During her time, she also managed to work at the National Institute of Health as their investigator.
In 2005 she served for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Global HIV/AIDS until 2014. On April 4, 2014, she was appointed the United States Global AIDS Coordinator and she has still been serving for this position. In January 2015, she was elected the United States Special Representative for Global Health Diplomacy. Also, she has been serving as the White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator since February 27, 2020. She was appointed all these three positions by President Donald Trump himself. However, she has remained a strong critic of him.
Deborah Birx married Paige Reffe and the couple shares a total of two daughters. But they have not disclosed their names yet. Currently, she has been living in a multi-generational home along with her parents, husband, and one of her daughter’s family.
She has not disclosed her net worth. However, we know that she earns most of her income from her profession as a physician as well as from her current position in the White House.
- She has been an active board member of the Global Fund To Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria since March 2020.
- Some of her most important awards include Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service Medal, Outstanding Manager of Federal Executive Board, etc.
- Deborah Birx had also worked in the Department of Retroviral Research.
- During her high school, she won third prize at the Lancaster City-County Science Fair.
- She was the creator of the special program called DREAM which was mainly focused on reducing the infection rates in adolescents.