Quick Info about Kristi Noem
- Full NameKristi Noem
- First NameKristi
- Middle NameLynn
- Last NameNoem
- Born NameKristi Lynn Noem
- Birth date30/11/1971
- Birth PlaceWatertown, South Dakota, USA
- Height5 feet 7 inch
- Eye ColorDark Brown
- Zodiac SignSagittarius
- WifeBryon Noem
- Net Worth$96,504 - $1 million
- Weight58 kg
- ParentsRon Arnold and Corrine Arnold
Kassidy Noem, Booker Noem, and Kennedy Noem
Kristi Lynn Noem is a popular American politician who is serving as the 33rd governor of South Dakota. She has also provided her services as the US House of Representatives from South Dakota as well as a member of the South Dakota House of Representatives from the 6th District of South Dakota.
Kristi Noem was born as Kristi Lynn Arnold on November 30, 1971, in Watertown, South Dakota, USA. She is the daughter of Ron Arnold and Corrine Arnold. She spent her entire childhood in Hamlin County. In 1990, she completed her high school studies from Hamlin High School. Noem attended Northern State University for two years but left it to
help her family’s ranch. Her father had suffered a serious accident and thus, she had to leave her college. However, later she continued her studies at Mount Marty College. In 2012, she completed her BA degree in Political Science from South Dakota College.
On January 9, 2007, Kristi Noem became one of the members of the South Dakota House of Representatives from the 6th district. She provided her services here until January 11, 2011. Eight days prior to her resignation, she had already been assigned as one of the members of the US House of Representatives from South Dakota’s at-large district. She worked there until January 3, 2019. Two days later, she was elected the new Governor of South Dakota.
She actually held the 33rd governing position of South Dakota. As the US House of Representatives, her tenures included tax, human trafficking, health care, various social issues, energy and environment, foreign affairs, fundraising, and immigrants. Some of her popular caucus memberships are Republican Study Committee, Congressional Art Caucus, Afterschool caucus, etc.
Kristi was a huge supporter of Donald Trump’s executive order to suspend the US Refugee program for a total of 120 days. According to her, she only liked the concept of a temporary ban but is not concerned about other laws.
Kristi Noem married Bryon Noem in 1992, at the age of just 20. She actually changed her surname to Noem after her marriage to Bryon. Now, the couple shares a total number of three children- Kassidy Noem, Booker Noem, and Kennedy Noem. She is very much interested in driving but is not a pro at it. Until 2010, Kristi Noem had to pay fine for her 27 traffic citations. Being a good citizen of the USA, she paid all her fines on time.
The estimated net worth of Kristi Noem is approximately $96,504. Her major source of income is from her current political position. She along with her husband own the Racota Valley Ranch which is located in Castlewood. Kristi alone has the 16.9% ownership of the Racota Valley
- Kristi Noem is the first-ever woman to serve as the Governor of South Dakota.
- She was crowned the South Dakota Snow Queen title back in 1990.
- Currently, she has been serving the Republican Political Party.
- Two of her committee assignments are the State Affairs Committee and Taxation Committee.
- Kristi Noem also seems to be very much interested in hunting.
- She is one among seven governors who didn’t issue statewide stay-at-home orders due to COVID-19 pandemic. Instead she prioritized her state’s role in evaluating hydroxychloroguine (an antimalarial drug) for treating COVID-19 patients.