Quick Info about Mike Rounds
- Full NameMike Rounds
- First NameMike
- Last NameRounds
- Born NameMarion Michael Rounds
- Birth date24/10/1954
- Birth PlaceHuron, South Dakota, USA
- Zodiac SignScorpio
- ProfessionPolitician, Businessman
- Net Worth$3.6 million
- SiblingTim Rounds, Tom Rounds, Michele Brich, Jamison Rounds, Dennis Rounds, Jamie Rounds
- ParentsJoyce Rounds and Don Rounds
Mike Rounds is a popular American politician as well as a businessman. Currently, he is a junior United States Senator from South Dakota. Previously, Rounds also serviced as the 31st Governor of South Dakota as well as one of the members of the South Dakota Senate from the 24th district.
Mike Rounds was born as Marion Michael Rounds on October 24, 1954, in Huron, South Dakota, USA. He is the son of Joyce Rounds and Don Rounds. He is not the only son of his parents but has 10 siblings. Some of them are Tim Rounds, Tom Rounds, Michele Brich, Jamison Rounds, Dennis Rounds, Jamie Rounds, etc. However, one of his brothers Tim and is also serving as a member of the South Dakota State Legislature. Mike Rounds completed his BSc. Degree from the Department of Political Science at South Dakota State University.
He started his career in the year 1990 where he defeated his incumbent state Senator Jacqueline Kelley with 53%-47%. when he represented District 24. And, he won the re-election in the years 1992, 1994, and 1998. But in 2000, he was not able to stand for re-election due to legislative term limits. Later, in 1995, he was selected as the Senate Majority Leader. Ten years later, on November 2, 2005, he was elected as the 31st Governor of South Dakota. He also served as the chair of the Midwestern Governors Association in the year 2008. 10 research centers were established in 2010 at state-supported universities by Mike Rounds. In 2017, he was one of the 22 senators to sign a letter that was sent to President Donald Trump. The main agenda of the letter was to stop convince the President to withdraw from the Paris agreement.
Mike Rounds married to Jean Vedvei in the year 1978. The couple first met at South Dakota State University. Now, they share a total number of four children- Brian, Carrie, John, and Christopher. Also, he has ten grandkids. Apart from his normal education, Mike Rounds is awarded an honorary doctorate degree for Public Service from South Dakota State University.
The estimated net worth of Mike Rounds is approximately $3.7 million as of 2020. His primary source of income is from his current political position as well as from his businessman.
- Mike has various descents like German, Belgian, Swedish, and English.
- He was named after his uncle named “Marion Rounds” who died in the Pacific Theater during World War II.
- Mike Rounds calls himself a Catholic and is seen visiting Paul Catholic Church, Pierre very frequently.
- He is also an active member of various organizations and social clubs like Elks, Exchange Club, Knights of Columbus, and Ducks Unlimited.