Last updated on January 29th, 2017 at 05:44 am
The new team took the oval office at White House on January 20. Since then, the commander-in-chief, Donald Trump, has been able to accomplish a few things many of which are largely deemed as unproductive. Here, let’s take a look at what Trump has brought for Americans in the last three days.
Here, let’s take a look at what Trump has brought for Americans in the last three days.
— BBC Breaking News (@BBCBreaking) January 20, 2017
- Brought out a plan or executive order to replace Obamacare with a more affordable health system. Trump had always been hostile about Obama’s health care system.
- Ceased mortgage premium reduction policies, when the government is backing the home loans.
- Legally okayed the position of his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, at White House. The proposal was approved by the Justice Department.
- Took nuclear code briefings and acquired those codes for the next four years.
- Mike Pompeo appointed as the new CIA director. His appointment to the security agency comes after Mike’s support for Donald Trump’s policies of aggressive techniques of intelligence such as waterboarding.
- Reiterated that Iraq wouldn’t have been a problem if the US administration has taken the oil. He said, “We should have kept the oil. Maybe we’ll have another chance.”
- Interestingly, the US and Mexican Presidents spoke over phone. They are anticipated to be arranging a meeting by the end of January.
- Talked about the re-negotiations of deals with NAFTA.
- Scheduled a meeting with Theresa May, the UK Prime Minister, for Friday.
- Talked to Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and assured him that there will be delays in moving US embassy from Tel Aviv.
- Submitted Cabinet nominations to the Senate.
- Again in a twitter hassle. He asked National Park Service to not tweet the Inaugural audiences of 2009 and 2017. As evident, President Obama had a significantly larger crowd on his entry to the White House.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) January 20, 2017
- Proposed a withdrawal from Trans Pacific Partnership.
- Conducted meeting with a dozen business leaders. Prepared to cut corporate taxes to 15 to 20 percent, or less.
- Prepared to announce more policy implementations this week.
With policies already inundating out of White House, it’s quite plausible to say that Trump might get a lot done within a few weeks, regardless of whether what he does is desirable. Behold Americans!